It's 2020 and you might have questions about maintenance, buying, renovating or selling your house in Ontario. Dean and Craig are here to help.
Here's two options to get your questions answered:
- Message us now. We will be able to give you general guidance usually within 15 minutes. Any longer it’s because we are working on a renovation project, watching a hockey game or sampling Ontario craft beer.
- Consider purchasing our digital book on Apple Books. This book puts you in charge of achieving the best results when buying, maintaining, renovating or selling your house in Ontario. There’s information, steps, resources and workbooks to help you reduce stress, save money, source funds, manage debt, find the right house, maintain or increase resale value, negotiate agreements, improve energy efficiency, select a good contractor, and reduce the risk of injuries and accidental death in your house.
What will this book do for me, my family, the economy and the environment?
- Removes the vulnerabilities associated with buying, selling and renovating by asking the right questions.
- Reduces stress and improves mental health knowing that you are making smart and informative decisions when buying, maintaining, renovating or selling your house.
- Controls your debt through saving for a downpayment, using the cash flow worksheets to budget expenses, see the projected costs of maintaining and updating a house.
- Adds to your savings with rebates, improving energy efficiency to reduce gas, electrical and water bills, reduce insurance premiums and replacement costs through damage prevention.
- Maintains or increases the value of your house by doing the right repairs, replacements and renovations.
- Protects you from unfair and illegal practices with consumer rights, laws, permits and inspections.
- Ensures quality renovations with written project specifications and selecting the right contractor.
- Grows employment by hiring good contractors, skilled trades and specialty service providers.
- Reduces the risk of injuries and accidental deaths by making the house safer.
- Reduces pollution through proper waste management.
Here’s many popular questions that we have answers to in our book.
How do I keep my house safe for my children?
How do I avoid becoming house poor?
How do I find the right house to buy?
What are all the costs involved in buying a house?
What are the steps to purchase a house in Ontario?
How much do I need to save for a downpayment on a house?
What are the savings incentives for first-time home buyers?
Where can I find the property value for the neighbourhoods that I want to live in?
What are the three ways to list my house for sale?
What are the health risks with the house that I’m living in now?
What are the personal safety concerns that I should have about the house I’m living in?
How do I keep my home safe from criminal activity?
What renovations should I avoid doing to my house?
What can I do to prevent fire, smoke, water and wind damage to my house?
What questions should I ask my broker about my home insurance policy?
Is my house insured if I miss a monthly payment?
What will it cost me to maintain and make repairs to my house over the next 40 years?
What will it cost me to renovate my kitchen, bathroom and basement?
What sources of funding is available to do home renovations?
Should I do a home renovation myself or hire a contractor?
Do I need a permit for my home renovations?
Where can I find a contractor to do a renovation in my house?
How do I pre-screen a home renovation contractor before calling them?
I have three quotes for my renovation. Which one is the best?
My home renovation contractor wants me to pay in cash. Is that a good idea?
What should be included in a home renovation contractor's proposal and quote?
Why did my home renovation contractor put a lien on my house?
You should read this if you are:
- Saving for a downpayment
- Buying your first house
- Buying a newly built house or previously owned house
- An owner living in the current house for more than one year
- Selling your house
- Renovating or landscaping your house
- Retiring within 15 years
- A newcomer to Ontario
Here's what you get:
- Over 200 pages of content.
- Downloadable worksheets and checklists.
- Links to sources of savings, market data and other resources.
a CRFX Group Inc. company.