General contractor in training
Learn how to start and run your own general contracting business for residential renovations.
Work with us up to one year for on site experience and learn about how to start and run your own contracting business. The nature of the projects can be construction, renovation, demolition, landscaping, maintenance, repair or replacement related. Our project locations are generally from Toronto to Newmarket.
We will also show you how to estimate project costs, submit proposals, track expenses, use QuickBooks for accounting and payroll, tax filing, and more.
See About Us for our company profile.
Weekly hours and tasks will vary by project and will be a mix of indoor and outdoor work. Lifting and moving construction and finishing material, job site set-up of power tools and equipment, job site clean-up, removal of existing walls, flooring or decks, measuring and cutting lumber with power tools, fastening material with hammer, drill, compressor or wrenches, sanding, staining or painting material, mixing adhesive compounds, framing, deck construction, installing drywall, insulation, flooring, tiles, mouldings or doors.
CRFX requires you to have the following:
- A means of getting to project sites within the Greater Toronto Area. Work vehicle preferred.
- Minimum 1 year skill trade college education or 2 years of experience working on renovation projects.
- Ability to complete tasks with little supervision.
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Must have all common personal tools and attachments.
- Personal protection equipment - safety boots mandatory, fall restraint gear where applicable.
- Have necessary tools, instruments, and testing devices to identify risk of injury, perform required tasks and verify accuracy and quality of work.
- Working at Heights certification where applicable.
This position starts at $20 per hour based on skill, experience, type of project and 3-week probation period. Employment or company contracting work options are available.
Working with CRFX as a supplier is subject to the terms and conditions in the CRFX Service Policy.
Submit resume and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org