House FX - Renovation Planning
Ready? Let’s renovate! But before you get out the paint chips and hammer, there’s some homework to do first.
A renovation is to create function, comfort and enjoyment. The benefit is holding or increasing the value of your property.
Proper renovation planning will help you set a budget, identify potential issues, limitations, restrictions and savings before a renovation is started.
Here's what you get:
- Environmental findings that could restrict what renovations you can do
- Recommended audits and testing for rebate qualification, insurance and energy savings
- Permit and Bylaw requirements
- Rebates and subsidies sources
- Future maintenance, repair and replacement costs until your age of 80
- Market data for your neighbourhood
- Recommended spaces for function, comfort and enjoyment updating
- Estimated cost for the space that you are planning to renovate
- Budget planning
- Tips on funding your renovation
Prior to planning a renovation, we recommend a full Performance Review of your house if you have not had an inspection in over a year or your house was built over 5 years ago.