House FX - Renovation Planning
Ready? Let’s renovate! But before you get out the paint chips and hammer, there’s some homework to do first.
A renovation is to create function, comfort and enjoyment. The benefit is holding or increasing the value of your property.
Proper renovation planning will help you set a budget, identify potential issues, limitations, restrictions and savings before a renovation is started.
Here's what you get:
- Environmental findings
- Recommended audits and testing
- Permit and Bylaw requirements
- Rebates and subsidies sources
- Future maintenance, repair and replacement costs
- Market data for your neighbourhood
- Budget planning
- Estimated cost for the space that you are planning to renovate
- Performance review specific to the space to be renovated:
- Personal Safety and accessibility
- Health Risks
- Security from criminal activity
- Damage Prevention
- Energy Efficiency
Prior to planning a renovation, we recommend a full Performance Review of your house if you have not had an inspection in over a year or your house was built over 5 years ago.
Note: This service is not a substitute for a home inspection. Recommended Audits and Testing are extra fees.
We can provide this service to most parts of Ontario remotely from our office.