Reno Pro Tech is your first contact prior to hiring a contractor.
You have decided to do some updating. Common projects include kitchens, ensuites, bathrooms, basements, laundry rooms, structural changes, painting, landscaping and decks.
There are over 30 possible steps to follow prior to starting a renovation. Ignoring these could add time to the project, cost you more money, decrease the value of your house and affect your health. In fact, connecting with a contractor is step 24 in our renovation planning service.
First Contact: Expert contractors and House Effects book authors Dean Sprung and Craig MacGowan will come to your house and provide their advice on how your renovation should be done and identify potential issues that may need to be addressed.
A. As a follow up to our on-site visit, we can provide these renovation planning services and information:
- Layout drawings
- Written project requirements and cost for the space that you are planning to renovate
- Suggested payment schedule.
- Contractor screening and quote evaluation
- Environmental findings that could restrict what renovations you can do
- Recommended audits and testing for rebate qualification, insurance and energy savings
- Permit and Bylaw requirements
- Rebates and subsidies sources
- Market data for your neighbourhood
- Budget planning workbook
- Tips on funding your renovation
B. Download our 40 page Renovation Planning Guide to help you set the right expectation, avoid disappointment, save time and money.